Monday, March 30, 2009

You tell me what to do.


Attached is the graph for the last 5 days on the treasury again. When I woke up, I see the market going in our favor big time. Then I get into the office and I see the yield up. Then right before the close, I see it back down. All this in one day. I didn't get one rate change, I think the lenders have given up also. All this up and down and we're right back where we started.

As you can see there is a gradual decrease. All this talk of rates dropping, it's like I've said in previous posts. Yes, I think rates will drop, but not over night. It will take time. Sure there will be some great days and not so great days. You need to step back and be patient. With rates in the 4's and low 5's now, I urge everyone that can, to lock in and take advantage now. We can always refi again down the line if they continue to get better. I'm seeing rates lower now than any other time I've been doing this.

Keep in mind one thing I've noticed. The yields where even lower earlier this year, but the rates where not better. There has to be a bottom that the lenders can do these mortgages where investors see them as a viable investment. Rates CAN NOT go down to 2 or 3% because who's going to buy that on the secondary market? If all an investor is going to make is 3%, than why not put it in bonds or even is a money market fund and make the same amount with no risk? So if you have ideas that rates will just keep going lower and lower and will never find a bottom, think again. If the lender can't sell the rate, it's the same thing if the loan is a stated loan or subprime loan, it just doesn't have a market.

No comments:

Post a Comment