Tuesday, April 21, 2009

FEAR, boo!

Change is coming. So everyone just calm down.

The last two days I've spent my entire day calming down people, fixing and addressing errors and getting people through issues based on FEAR. Fear of appraisal changes, rate changes, program changes or any other change that seems to be happening.

I'm reminded of the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight. The Joker has a scene where he says that chaos is caused by fear and fear is caused by chaos. If he says he's going to kill 10 people tomorrow and does it, everyone is fine BUT if he just says someone is going to die and no one knows who / what / why / when, then everyone flips out. This, in a strange way, is exactly what's happening with the real estate and mortgage business.

There is so much change happening and not a lot of people know how to handle this, which results in a lot of chaos. I don't want to sit here and give every example because I don't have the time or space. Just know that if you're a client, co-worker, associate, employee or partner just calm down and we'll get through this. I leave this vague because all of you have an unique issue but my answer is pretty much the same. We've got it under control and we'll work through your particular issue together. Whether it's a rate question, appraisal question, submission question, credit question.... It's all the same answer. We'll handle it. "Relax, We've got it covered." is our slogan and I plan on making sure we live up to that.

There is a reason I'm working 12 - 15 hours a day. Stay calm, let us do what we do best and you'll get the best result possible. Always feel free to email me willie@1bearfinancial.com to stay on top of me. I don't mind because we're in this together. We just need to be patient and not so frightened of change because in the end we can't stop change.

No comments:

Post a Comment