Thursday, February 4, 2010

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

Reading the jobs report these days is like trying to figure out the dead sea scrolls. What does it all mean?

10% unemployment, that we can all agree is not good.

Seasonally adjusted for January, I believe is 2.5 million jobs lost that their not counting, is what I think I read today. But if you've read or talked to me you know how I feel about "seasonally adjusted". Tell the person who lost there job, that they where seasonally adjusted, Especially in a season where they may have not worked for the prior year and just picked something up to make it through the end of the year. That term is so vague and can me so many different things in the real world depending on what the situation of the economy is like.

Gas seems to be taking a hit, that is helping rates right now. But we all know now that gas prices are the worst cartel schemes on the planet. I don't have time to get into that now.

Bottom line is we need jobs and jobs that are sustaining. I really don't see that when I'm talking to the average person. Now maybe we'll be seeing a flattening of the unemployment numbers or slowing down. My question is, when and how are we going to get that number lower? Slowing losses is one thing. It's eventually going to happen. There has to be a water mark that we meet that will naturally balance out but growth, that's the question and no one seems to know the answer to that.

I'll keep searching. Good luck to all that are looking for jobs and / or are not fully employed (which is the secret number to be afraid of).

No comments:

Post a Comment